In this lesson you’re about to learn how to get 500% greater response from all your advertising without adding a single penny more in cost than you’re spending now…
How would you like to see a 500% instant increase in all the advertising you’re doing right now? Who wouldn’t, right?.
Well, maybe not everyone.
There are some businesses that advertise for no reason other than to stroke their egos. To see their names in print. They could care less if the ad is making money or not. Their reward is to hear people say, ‘hey, I saw you in the newspaper this weekend.’
If that’s the kind of advertising you like to do, STOP READING RIGHT NOW!
you’re not the type of person I want to speak with at the moment. I want to speak with people who want their advertising to make money. If that is you, you’re in for a treat.
Before we get started, I want you to look at this ad and tell me if you think it’s a good ad or bad ad.
If you say this is a good ad, you’re partially right. If you say it is a bad ad, you’re more right (if there is such a thing).
Anyhow, these are the strengths of this ad:
- Contact info is present.
- A specific offer is being made (a seminar)
- A call to action is present (i.e. “For Reservations Call”)
- FDA implied endorsement (if you trust the FDA)
Now for the bad:
- No urgency.
- The text is hard to read against that dark background (I gray scaled the ad so it is more legible online).
- The call to action is inappropriate for this type of product.
The people who want this type of surgery fall into two categories:
The vain and the self-conscious.
Few of the people who even notice this ad will respond to it (even if they are curious about attending) because of fear.
- Fear of admitting they feel they have a flaw of some kind (whether they really have a flaw or not).
- Fear the person on the other end of the line is gonna ask for a telephone number and then hound them for months until they buy something.
- Fear the other person is gonna ask, “what is wrong with you? how are you screwed up? What is it about yourself that is making it difficult for you to look in a mirror? is it true you were so ugly your mom used to feed you with a sling shot for fear of getting too close to you? You sure must be ugly to want to go sit in a room with a bunch of strangers and risk possibly being seen by people you know. Hey, is your big brother named Shrek? ’cause you sure look just like him!”
Ok, maybe some of those questions won’t go through their mind. But they will feel the person on the other end of the line might be judging them. I know that’s what I’d think if it came to calling that number.
Andre strives to help marketers discover the near-immediate impact of honest ethical marketing practices. He has advised hundreds of business owners on how to keep their dignity as they implement direct response marketing methods that work. Andre is one of only a handful of remaining professionals who can boast having become an online marketer a decade before the World Wide Web came into existence. And as a serial entrepreneur Andre launched his first direct mail business around the age of 12-years old. He has been building and advising ever since.